The end of the year is a busy time for parcel and letter deliveries. International shopping days Singles’ Day, Black Friday and Cyber Monday are the busiest time for parcel deliveries. We also deliver Christmas greetings abroad and recommend sending them early.
“Christmas is the time for caring, and it’s our honor at Posti to deliver Christmas greetings to their recipients with care. Our goal during Christmas and all throughout the year is a satisfied customer – that each item arrives quickly and at the right place,” says Jarmo Ainasoja, who is responsible for the success of Posti’s Christmas.
How to ensure smoother parcel deliveries – 5 tips from Posti:
- Make sure that item details are correct. You can choose in online stores where your parcel will arrive. Carefully fill in the recipient’s name, address, email address and mobile phone number for the delivery. If the item is cleared through the customs, this information will make the process smoother. If you do not include your phone number, you will receive a printed notice of arrival, which takes longer to arrive.
- Download the OmaPosti application. You can conveniently track your item in the OmaPosti app. The app will immediately send a notification when the item is ready for pickup. You can also send or return a parcel using the app.
- Don’t wait until the last moment. Online stores may run out of the most popular products when demand is high. If you have ordered products online from outside the EU, be prepared to pay VAT and don’t forget the customs clearance.
- Pick up your parcel as soon as you can. By doing so, you make space for the next parcels.
- Avoid going to the service points at rush hour. Most parcels are picked up between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. Avoid the rush hour if you can. You can check the locations and opening hours of all Posti’s service points at https://www.posti.fi/en/service-points-on-map.
Send Christmas parcels, cards, and letters abroad well in advance
It’s a good idea to be early, when it comes to sending Christmas greetings abroad.
- Parcels and Priority cards and letters to outside Europe must be sent by November 29 at the latest. Economy cards and letters to outside Europe should be sent by November 22.
- Parcels and Priority cards and letters to Europe must be sent by December 5 at the latest. Economy cards and letters to Europe must be sent by November 29.
- Parcels and Priority cards and letters to the Nordic Region should be sent by December 12 at the latest. Economy cards and letters to the Nordic Region should be sent by December 5.
- As an exception, parcels and Priority cards and letters to Denmark should be sent by December 4, while Economy cards and letters should be sent by November 28.
- Parcels and Priority cards and letters to the Baltic countries must be sent by December 14. Economy cards and letters to the Baltic countries must be sent by December 7.
There may be changes in international transport and mail delivery in the destination country. Up-to-date information can be found on our website: https://www.posti.fi/en/private/christmas/send-items-abroad.
Posti’s customer service expands its opening hours
Posti’s customer service is expanding its hours for the Christmas season. Customer service is open from November 13, 2023, to January 7, 2024:
- On weekdays from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- On Saturdays and Sundays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
You can find schedules, information and tips related to Christmas from Posti’s Christmas site posti.fi/christmas. The site also offers information about Posti’s service points and parcel lockers.