– Jani Jolkkonen appointed the first Senior Vice President of ICT and Digitalization
Jani Jolkkonen, 43, M.Sc. (Tech.); EMBA has been appointed the SVP, ICT and Digitalization of Posti as of 1 August 2016. This position is the first of its kind in Posti's history. Jolkkonen will move into the position from the position of SVP, Postal Services.
Jolkkonen will be responsible for Posti's ICT operations and acceleration of the digitalization process.
According to Heikki Malinen, President and CEO of Posti, the goal of this appointment is to boost digitization in the development of the group's business operations. It will also be in the key position in generating new growth with the constantly decreasing volume of paper communications. Posti's mobile application has been downloaded over 400,000 times, which reflects the speed of the digital revolution.
- Digitalization will have a great impact on Posti's customers, change Posti's current business models and create new service opportunities. Successful ICT development and management requires a comprehensive, in-depth understanding of Posti's business operations. With his long and extensive experience of Posti's business operations, Jani is an excellent choice for this position, Mr. Malinen emphasizes.
- I have worked in Posti for nearly 14 years; the whole time in its various business groups. My new role will allow me to take full advantage of my business expertise as the cooperation between ICT and business operations will continue to grow closer. For some of our business operations, digitization is a challenge, but it is also a great opportunity for Posti as a whole. Postal Services are in shape to make excellent results and the implementation of the strategy is progressing as planned. This is a great time to move in for new challenges, Jolkkonen states.
Mr. Jolkkonen will continue as a member of the Executive Board and report to President and CEO Heikki Malinen.
CIO of the Posti Group, B.Sc. Esa Viitamäki, 58, has been appointed the CTO of the Posti Group as of August 1, 2016. As the CTO, Mr. Viitamäki's responsibilities will cover Posti's technology architecture and its development. Mr. Viitamäki will report to Jani Jolkkonen, SVP, ICT and Digitalization.
Turkka Kuusisto, M.Sc., 37, has been appointed SVP, Postal Services business group and member of the Executive Board of Posti as of August 1, 2016.
At present, Mr. Kuusisto is the Head of Collection & Regional Managing Director in Europe at the bill invoice and debt collection company Lindorff. He has been in this position since 2015. Before that, he was the Managing Director of Lindorff in Finland and the company's Head of business operations in Russia and the Baltics. Mr. Kuusisto has worked for Lindorff since 2008.
- Posti's future is full of potential. Skilled personnel and wide clientele are in a key role in the development of the business operations of the traditional postal services and in generating new growth. I want to increase the presence of customer orientation in the management practices. You have to listen carefully to the constantly changing customer needs; that is the key to a successful customer experience, generating service business operations and growth, Mr. Kuusisto points out.
Heikki Malinen, President and CEO welcomes Mr. Kuusisto to Posti where changes are taking place.
- Turkka Kuusisto will bring with him solid expertise and experience in marketing, services and digital business operations. He has been involved in the successful implementation of digitalization of services in an international company, and Posti will be going through this in the years to come, Malinen states.