The protest organized by various labor unions on September 18 to protest against the decisions made by the Finnish government has also caused disturbances to Posti's services. Due to the scope of the demonstration, many of Posti's functions have been interrupted, but some services have been performed in spite of the exceptional situation. Work stoppages will continue until midnight in some of Posti's functions.
Posti has made special arrangements and will do everything in its power to minimize the inconvenience caused to customers. According to the current estimate, the congestion caused by the protest will subside and the situation will return to normal during next week.
In spite of the protest, Posti has carried out the early morning delivery of newspapers, blood transports and food/meal transports throughout Finland.
As a rule, Posti's service points operating in connection with Posti's partner companies are open as normal.
As a rule, Posti's parcel points are open and some have also been able to accept parcels for sending. Parcel sending services may be crowded in the busiest locations.
Posti's own service points that are open as normal. The service points may be crowded.
- 00200 Helsinki, Gyldènintie 7
- 00700 Helsinki, Hietakummuntie 19
- 00980 Helsinki, Vuotie 45
- 01510 Vantaa, Valimotie 9
- 01600 Vantaa, Iskoskuja 3
- 04600 Mäntsälä, Keskuskatu 5
- 05800 Hyvinkää, Torikatu 7
- 11100 Riihimäki, Voimalankatu 2
- 20780 Kaarina, Hovirinnantie 5
- 21200 Raisio, Raisiontori 6
- 20100 Turku, Eerikinkatu 19
- 20250 Turku, Uhrilähteenkatu 2
- 87100 Kajaani, Pohjolankatu 16
- 96930 Polar Circle Rovaniemi, Santa Claus' Main Post Office, Tähtikuja 1
Posti's own service points that will be open partly
- 15140 Lahti, Aleksanterinkatu 18, open 12:00 noon - 3:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- 93600 Kuusamo, Ouluntaival 5, open 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Some services were excluded from the protest. However, delays may occur if transportation or a sufficient amount of other necessary resources related to the services is not available.
We kindly ask our customers to note that ON FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 18:
- Posti Customer Service for private and corporate customers will serve to a limited extent, depending on their available resources and competence.
- As a rule, items left in mailboxes or Posti outlets (including blood samples left in Posti outlets) cannot be collected, transported, sorted or delivered in the usual manner. According to the current estimate, the delay can be several days, due to the weekend.
- Some of Posti's warehouses will have limited service. Posti will contact customers directly and agree on procedure.
- Posti's Termo shipments cannot be delivered to customers.
- As a rule, Posti's pick-up deliveries cannot be carried out. Items will be collected from customers after the weekend when transports again operate normally.
- Some of Posti's own service points will be closed, so matters cannot be attended in them.
According to the current estimate, there will be major delays in the following of Posti's services:
- Mail sorting. According to the current estimate, it will take several days to clarify the clogged service.
- Mail delivery. Basic delivery, i.e. day mail: letters, magazines, advertisements and parcels and newspapers to be delivered with day mail. According to the current estimate, it will take the whole next week to clear up the backlogged service.
- Outgoing international items and items sent to Finland by sea and other cross-border mail. According to the current estimate, it will take several days to clear up the backlogged service.
- Domestic freight. The duration of the delay is approximately one day.
Posti's digital web services will function as normal at posti.fi.